Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September.

Hello friends! I know it's been pretty quiet over here on my photog blog, and I apologize for that. Life has been nothing short of crazy, and I am constantly having to tell myself to take things one day at a time. I haven't had much time to take pictures, but I thought I'd share some of my most recent pictures.
I wrote this a few weeks ago about where I'm at in my photography right now:
Slowly but surely I am learning. Over the past few months I've really enjoyed looking at successful photographers' photos. It has helped me in numerous ways to learn about different techniques, giving me more ideas for photos, etc. 
On the other hand, I've had a really hard time lately because I've been critiquing my own photography, because there are so many amazing photographers out there. But then I am reminded that I am on a journey. A slow, painful journey but a journey nonetheless. Looking back on old photos of mine is humbling. Thinking about how much I still have to learn and accomplish is humbling. Praying that God will use my talent for His glory!

Dono Banono. He's the cutest.


We Sprouls and our cheezits. 




I love to go on walks around our neighborhood with my siblings. 
I will treasure this picture forever. Our relationship is shown so clearly here.


Maili Ailsa.

One of my best friends, Kirsten. She is always there for me, and despite our busy lives we've been able to spend a good amount of time together since school started!


She's gorgeous. 
Amanda. We have awesome times together, from playing some intense games of Dutch Blitz, to playing Just Dance, to laughing our heads off about the stupidest things. 

Darby Maeve. 
So thankful for her diligence in various elements of her life, and her joyful spirit through it all. 


Maili described in three words: independent, spunky, and hilarious.

Erin Claire. I'm over the moon for her.

Reilly & Campbell, celebrating Reilly's 8th birthday.



Where in the world have the past eight years gone?! time flies when you get to spend it with fantastic people. 

Spur-of-the-moment family photo. 
Left to right: Donovan, Erin Claire, me, Campbell, Maili, Dad, Reilly, and Darby.
 It still hurts to be missing two people in our family photos, but I'm so thankful for how God has continued to bless us as a family. He provides for all of our needs in innumerable ways.

Beautiful Darbs.

Reilly's first baseball game of the season on his 8th birthday! 
He had a great time, and played like a boss.

Amanda & me, at RJ's baseball game. 

Reilly even got to be the catcher in one inning! SO cute.

He looks awesome in catchers gear.

Darby & Miss Sheryl. Two of the most special and influential people in my life.

I hope y'all enjoyed these pictures! in case y'all hadn't noticed, I've been mainly taking portraits lately because my new lens pretty much is just a portrait lens. I have been learning so much as pertains to photography, and I am loving it!
Thanks for reading, I encourage you to leave a comment, they mean a lot to me! :)

Much love, Delaney Mara

2 comments:

  1. Great photos Delaney! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting so much better, Delaney, I really see it! I love the clean editing with real light and colors, and really - we are ALL learning too!!!

    Love you!
    ~ Jean Marie

    ReplyDelete