This summer has been one of the best summers of my life. From the great times like going to Washington, DC with my choir, to going up to visit friends in Tennessee and Virginia for two weeks, to taking pictures for Saint Andrew's VBS, and to going to music camp at Saint Andrew's. To the not so lovely parts, like having my wisdom teeth out, and not being able to eat like a normal person for almost two weeks (Who knew that eating hotdogs could be so difficult?). I have memories that will last me a lifetime, and it was really a wonderful opportunity to grow in different areas of my life, including photography. During the previous school year, I rarely took pictures. This summer I have made taking pictures one of my biggest priorities. For me, I want to capture the special moments of life while still being a part of them. After my birthday, I invested in a new camera lens. It's a 50 mm and an absolute beauty. I am so excited to see what the next step in photography is for me. I hope y'all enjoy these pictures from my summer. I wanted to include some iPhone pictures too, but unfortunately it didn't work out.
Reilly Justice is one of the greatest sunshines of my life. His smile, genuine heart, and sweet character are such a blessing to see.
We recently went to a minor league baseball game as a family, and also to visit some friends that have been in Florida for the summer.
I swear, this kid is the best.
Mini photo shoot with my two dear friends McKenna, and Kaylee.
Spanish moss is one of my Florida loves.
Beautiful Kaylee.
McKenna. She's a treasure.
These next pictures were taken with my new lens. I have had a fantastic time learning how it works, and taking tons of pictures in the process!
Maili Ailsa. A combination of lovable, hilarious, and quirky.
Donoman, bossing at life as per usual.
Hockey is his sport, for sure.
That smile.
Reilly.
Maili.
Exploring with Dono on a humid August night.
This is my favorite picture that I've taken with my new lens. He's the cutest ever.
Summer sprinklers.
Kissing his cuteness is pretty much how I make it through any given day.
He's growing up and I do not like it. Where the heck have the past seven years gone?!
Summer toes.
The look of pure crazy ;).
Donovan is a troublemaker. He definitely keeps us on our toes, but we love him for it.
Erin Claire cooks like a pro.
Goodbye summer 2013. You were filled with wonderful times, and people that I love dearly.
I have been incredibly blessed by these past three months, but I am very much looking forward to being back in the swing of things. Life will be hectic, busy, even overwhelming at times but I know that through it all God is good and all things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose.
Much love, Delaney Mara
































Lovely photos and a wonderful post.
ReplyDeleteShould it not be "Kissing 'His Cuteness'..." Capitalization means everything. ;-)
ReplyDelete