Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Choir Tour to Washington, DC June 2013

 The Saint Andrews Youth Choir along with two chaperones, our choir director, and our accompanist, took a five day trip traveling from central Florida to Washington, DC. We made several stops along the way, and sang at a rescue mission in Greenville, South Carolina, Second Presbyterian Church in Greenville, South Carolina, and a nursing home in Stokesdale, North Carolina. We all had a fantastic time, and I hope you enjoy these pictures that I took of our time.

 Our choir singing at the rescue mission in Greenville, South Carolina.


 Rachel, Tim, & I playing percussion for one of our songs at the rescue mission.

 We had a wonderful time walking around downtown Greenville after our performance.

 Blair & I. Soul sisters forever :).

Our group + our fantastic bus driver in Greenville, South Carolina.




 Second Presbyterian Church in Greenville, South Carolina. Our choir had the opportunity to sing in two church services here, and we were very warmly welcomed.


 Our performance at a nursing home in Stokesdale, North Carolina.

 Kirsten in the pool at the hotel we stayed at on Sunday night.

 Stephanie and Erin Claire.

 We made it to Washington, DC after 18+ hours of driving!

The Supreme Court.

 Walking to the Capitol.

 The Capitol.

 Erin Claire, in line for a tour of the Capitol.

 The incredible dome inside the Capitol building.



 Our group in the great hall outside of the Library of Congress.


 Steph.

 Our very own FBI agent, aka Kirsten.

My beautiful sister, Erin Claire. 


 Our group getting ready to take a trolley tour in Washington, DC.

 I am in love with this place.

 My view of the Jefferson Memorial.

The Potomac River.

 Friends: Stephanie, Kirsten, & I at the FDR Memorial.

 Sweet Sophie & I. We all had such an amazing time getting to know Sophie better during choir tour!

 Iwo Jima Memorial. One of my favorite places that we visited.

 The Lincoln Memorial.

Erin Claire. She had a blast on her first choir tour! (this was my fourth). 

 Amanda & I, in Washington, DC.


Washington, DC was a very memorable experience. Spending five days with twenty-three other people was slightly exhausting, but so worth it. I hope y'all enjoyed the pictures of our time, please leave a comment and let me know what you think! 

Much love, Delaney Mara

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the pictures. Glad y'all had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete