This week has been one of those weeks where I learn a lot. One of those weeks when I feel so many different things happening. I don't normally write a lot on my blog, because well I'm not a writer, I'm a photographer. On Wednesday I got to go with my four younger siblings and my two friends to this gorgeous park near Orlando. That's when I realized "Wow! Spring is here!". There were flowers blooming everywhere, the air just breathed of new birth, new life. Most of these pictures are from our time at the park. On Thursday we had our Maundy Thursday service at Saint Andrews. This is our first time being in Florida for Holy Week (every other year that we've lived here, we've traveled back up to Virginia to be with our Saint Peter church family). Let me tell you, the service was intense. Both Darby and I got to sing with the choir, and we ended the service by singing "Go to Dark Gethsemane". Talk about a powerful song! my favorite part is when we sang with great grandeur "IT IS FINISHED!".
How awesome! it IS finished.
On Friday morning Reilly and I went to the local abortion mill. It's crazy that on the same day that we remember the death and sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ there are people killing their babies! how unreal. We sang "Nothing But the Blood of Jesus" outside the abortion mill. Without Jesus, without His ultimate sacrifice we are dead in our sins! nothing but His blood can make us clean.
Friday night we had our Good Friday service at Saint Andrews. To end we sang "Were You There". It absolutely amazes me. Jesus died for sinners such as I! He bore our sins upon the cross. Tomorrow we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord. He conquered death! hallelujah what a Savior!
I hope you enjoy my latest pictures. This is a season of newness, and beauty. It is so fitting that we should celebrate Jesus' sacrifice and resurrection in the Spring!
Spunky Donovan.
Friendship.
Children playing.
Reflections. I've really loved taking reflection pictures lately. Go follow my Instagram account at delaney_mara to see some more pictures like this!
Reilly. AKA most athletic kid you will ever meet.
Sweet Dono. He didn't want to take a picture with me, he was preoccupied with watching all the ducks.
Amanda walking along the water.
I got to do a little photo shoot for my sister, Darby. She had this idea to take a picture of herself with this line from her favorite hymn. Her friend, Jessica Shapiro painted for her birthday in November and we've had it hanging up in our room ever since. It's a constant reminder that no matter what trials or troubles we face, it is well. God loves and cares for us, and we are in the palm of His hand. There is no fear in anything because of His protection and power over our lives.
I hope you enjoyed this lengthy blogpost. Have a blessed Resurrection Day! He is risen.
Much love, Delaney











Beautiful post Delaney!
ReplyDeleteHello Delaney! This is Hannah from St. Peter. I love your photos and your posts. I also have a blog graceinthesouthland.blogspot.com.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Hannah! I will check out your blog. Thanks for your sweet comment! :)
ReplyDelete