This is the longest I've ever gone without posting on my blog. I understand that not many people read this blog... Honestly, one of the biggest reasons I still blog is to give me the opportunity to look back on the remarkable things God has done in my life, and in my family's lives.
Pictures are my way of remembering beautiful times.
So bear with me, as I write on the past three months that I haven't blogged.
Obviously most of y'all know that the best thing that has happened so far this year is that Darby got married to Chris. I shared some of their engagement photos in my last blogpost (from February, I told you I was behind). In the last month leading up to their wedding, we all had a hard time realizing that we would have to say goodbye to Darby. After having her as an important part in our family, it was such a huge change to have her get married and move to Arkansas. Arkansas is quite far from Florida. But along with the idea of Darby leaving, we all knew that she would be so happy married to Chris. And we all were beyond excited for their wedding.
Dono has a reputation for giving tons of hugs and kisses, and we all love him for it.
The other day it hit me that Donovan is going to be five this year.
It really does not seem possible that we've had all that time to love on this precious kid.
To say that these seven ladies mean the world to me would be a massive understatement.
Photo courtesy of John Cobb.
The whole family, March 22nd 2014.
I still can't get over what a happy day this was.
Photo courtesy of John Cobb.
My favorite people in the world.
Photo courtesy of John Cobb.
She's my best friend. I was honored to stand beside her as she married the love of her life.
She was a radiant bride: gracious, stunning, and joyful.
Photo courtesy of John Cobb.
Reilly Justice. He was a junior groomsman in the wedding, and he did a stellar job.
Photo courtesy of John Cobb.
Donovan Deaun.
He was a ring-bearer in the wedding, and he also still somehow managed to be
the cutest little boy in the world. I can't get over how good he and Reilly looked at the wedding;
I'm pretty sure they should always wear tuxes.
Photo courtesy of John Cobb.
Happily married, March 22nd 2014.
Photo courtesy of John Cobb.
I think I lucked out by getting Chris as a brother-in-law. He has some killer dance moves.
Photo courtesy of John Cobb.
Saying the dreaded goodbye.
As happy as we all were, this part of the day was extremely hard.
Photo courtesy of John Cobb.
Life slowly went to a new normal after the wedding.
I took on more responsibilities, the house was quieter without Darbs around, and we tried to adjust.
Although there's not a drastic change from "winter" in Florida, to spring, it definitely still gets prettier. I always look forward to the brighter colors, the longer days, and the newness of everything.
I treasure Erin Claire... she's a joy to live life with :).
As much as I don't like admitting it, the first few weeks after the wedding were really difficult. After having so much to look forward to, it was all of a sudden over. After so much anticipation, Darby and Chris were finally married. And Darby had moved away. I didn't know how to return to a life of normalcy, after such memorable times leading up to the wedding, not to mention the incredible day of the wedding itself. Imagine how excited I was when Kaylee and McKenna called me a few weeks after the wedding, and asked if they could come to visit for a week and a half. Obviously I said yes.
My time with the Gaspers truly was the most encouraging, beautiful time after missing Darby so badly after the wedding.
McKenna Riley. I love her to pieces.
Erin Claire.
april 2014

After not seeing the Gaspers for two and a half months, life suddenly
became 10x better when we were happily reunited.
Kaylee Alyssa. I don't deserve her friendship, but I am so thankful for her.
One of my favorite things about Kaylee and McKenna is that they are two very different people, but they manage to balance each other's personalities so well.
Photoshoot in downtown Mt. Dora.
Immensely thankful to finally be together again.
Sisters: constant, reliable, loving, irreplaceable.
Endlessly grateful for Kaylee, and the impact she's had on my life. Y'all honestly have no idea.
I wonder why we're best friends ;).
It's so nice to have such beautiful friends who let me take countless pictures of them.
Kaylee is a trooper.
My biggest regret of my time with the Gaspers is that we didn't get nearly enough pictures of all three of us together. But I do love the ones that we did get :).
What a babe.
New Smyrna beach at six o'clock at night. We went on a walk, and took some final pictures together.
It was a lovely night.
Sweet, sweet Kaylee.
New Smyrna Beach, April 23rd 2014.
McKenna summed up in three words: lovely, hilarious, and passionate.
Life would be pretty darn dull without her around to keep things interesting.
This picture describes each of us so well.
Spending ten days with Kaylee and McKenna was incredible. I will never take their friendship for granted. They have been nothing but loving, and gracious to me and my family and I love them for it.

Photoshoot at dusk with the sibs. I adore these kiddos.
Dono: all four-year-old.
They're the cutest.
Having a sister is liking having a best friend that you can't get rid of.
You know that whatever you do, they'll still be there.
Maili Ailsa: Twelve-years-old, all spunk.
I could go on and on about how great each of them are, but I'll spare you.
Erin Claire: Thirteen-years-old. A true beauty.
Last week Darby and Chris came down for Darby's graduation ceremony at RBC.
It was so fantastic to see them again!
I am so proud of Darby for graduating from Reformation Bible College.
She was diligent, passionate, and sought to honor God in her studies.
Lord willing, my next blogpost won't be quite so long but I hope y'all enjoyed reading it. I'm looking forward to getting back into posting, and keeping y'all updated on the craziness of life.
Much love, Delaney Mara

















































A lovely blogpost!
ReplyDeleteDelaney, I love seeing pictures of you all and your friends! And Darby's wedding...I wish we could have been there. Congratulations about the soon, New additions to your family!
ReplyDeleteYour sister in Christ, Susanna