Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Living in the sunshine

It's been a month and a half since I last blogged.
It was Christmas day, in fact, that I sat down and wrote about some "big change" that was about to take place. I know it was super ominous sounding. I'm sure some of you already knew what I was talking about. Well, just six days after Christmas, my sister got engaged! 
(I know this is old news to most of you, but I'm still pretty darn excited about it).

Christ & Darby, engaged December 31st, 2013. 
Set to get hitched on March 22nd, 2014. (39 days away)

I knew that Chris was going to propose for a while. He kept me in the loop, and honestly, I have no idea how I kept from bursting with excitement. I can't wait for the wedding, and I am beyond excited to be getting a new brother. Chris is awesome. Not that I'm biased or anything, but Chris and Darby make the cutest couple EVER. So anyways, enough of my gushing. I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves :).

 The STUNNING ring. Chris did a fantastic job!

                                      Chris & Darby's engagement photos, January 1st, 2014.
               

                                I'm positive that there's never been a more glowing bride-to-be.

This is my favorite. I love their love. 


                              Florida in January is definitely unique to most winters (to say the least).
                          I get so happy whenever I find little bits of color still scattered here and there.

 In early January, Darby and I spent a fun afternoon with Kaylee and McKenna in Mt. Dora. We ate ice-cream, and walked through quaint little shops, and took tons of pictures. Spending time with the Gasper girls before they moved was incredibly important to me.

 These three girls are some of my dearest friends. I don't know where I would be without them. Less than two weeks ago, Kaylee and McKenna moved to Dallas, Texas. And in a little over a month, Darby is moving to Little Rock, Arkansas. So yeah, to say that it's been really hard would be an understatement.

McKenna, me, Darby, & Kaylee. 

                           Five years apart, and we've gotten asked if we're twins multiple times.

                                                               McKenna & Kaylee.
      Two sisters with completely different personalities, who manage to balance each other out perfectly.
                                                                I ADORE them.

                                                                      McKenna & me.
We've been friends for almost three years, and it's been a phenomenal three years. We sing together, we laugh together, we dance together, we eat together (haha), we cry together, and we talk together. She's one of those friends who sticks with you despite life's unavoidable circumstances.

                                                               The lovely Darby Maeve.

Sweet, sweet Kaylee. 

                          She's eleven, almost twelve. Wait, what?! she's not allowed to grow up!
                                                     
                             Don't even get me started on how much Erin Claire has grown up.

                                                                           We're sisters. 
                                                  We fight, we yell, and we are so different.
                                                         But we love each other anyways.

                                                Lauren, Kaylee, Amanda, and McKenna, ready for
                                        the Saint Andrew's Annual Winter Ball, January 18th, 2014.

I'll always look back on these pictures with the fondest of memories. 
Being fifteen with McKenna has been the grandest adventure.

                                                                     McKenna Riley. 

                                                                 Caroline, & Camille.
In late January, three of Darby's bridesmaids came down for a visit. They also happen to be three of my best friends, so it was just an all around amazing time.

                                                                                Camille.
                                                She's deeply honest, incredibly gorgeous,
                                                   hilarious, and one of my best friends.


Caroline. 
She's a character. She has this amazing way of making people laugh until they can't laugh anymore. 

                                                                          thankful.

                                      McKenna's one of the most photogenic people that I know.
                               
             One of the days that we went outside to take pictures, it was ridiculously cold (for Florida).
                           We had a good laugh over Camille's fashion choices that day :D.

                                                     Could she be any prettier? the answer is no.

The Stouffer girls got to meet the Gasper girls. It was SO much fun to see my friends become friends! 

                                     Starbucks is our life. I'm pretty sure we went four times in one week.

                                                                              Lauren.
                                          She's beautifully genuine, and she makes me smile :).

                                                          Starbuuuuuuucks. (I told you we love it).

More photos with Kaylee and McKenna. I'm sure my Facebook friends were like, "uggggh, more pictures of Delaney and the Gaspers", but sometimes pictures are essential. It really meant a lot to me to make memories together, and to be able to capture those memories.
(oh, and yes, our skirts match).

                             

                                             They decided to take me to Dallas with them ;).

We took some final photos on the last day that Kaylee was out our house. This picture basically sums up her relationship with the kiddos :).

Kaylee & Reilly. They're best buddies.

                                                                        Maili & Kaylee.

                                                                  Erin Claire & Kaylee.
                I am so thankful for their diligence, encouraging words, and gentle spirits in our house.
                                                                Donovan & Kaylee.
                                   Donovan already talks about how much he misses Kaylee :(.

       Throughout January, Kaylee and I kept failing to get a nice picture together. Either we would completely forget about it, or the pictures just weren't all that great. I am SO glad we finally got a good one together. Kaylee has been an unbelievable help to our family over the past eight months. It's already been really weird not having her around the house :(. I can't express what Kaylee means to me... she was seriously such an incredible gift to us, right when we really needed her.
January was definitely a memorable month. It's been a time for me to reevaluate the time that I spend with people. Time is so incredibly precious, and we never have a clue of when things are going to drastically change. I wish I had treasured my friendship better with the Gaspers. But it's helped me realize how I need to be much more thankful for the people that I do still get to be with. And who knows, maybe my relationship with the Gaspers will become even better even though we're a long distance apart! God works in mysterious ways.

I know God is using many different circumstances to teach me, and so I am trying to learn. I am thankful for the Gaspers, I'm ecstatic for Chris & Darby, and I just love the people that God has placed in my life at the exact right time that He wants them there.

Much love, Delaney Mara

3 comments:

  1. Loved all of this, dear Delaney. Your pictures are so wonderful!!! And I love hearing your heart....I know it is so sad and hard when friends move. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going through this, I realize how much I miss the Gaspers. I agree with you, its good to be thankful for the time given to us, and to spend it wisely; you never know when things will change. The Lord works in mysterious ways indeed, but he is always good, and always sovereign. Thanks again for your great pictures and your words of wisdom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a saint. A pure saint. #saint #purity #imissyoooou

    ReplyDelete