The first day of November we (everyone except for Dad and Donovan) headed up to Virginia with some good friends of ours from Florida. We stayed with the Windham family, and had a fantastic time!
Alayna and the Windham's sheep, Mary.
Fall colors! missed them so much.
Lauren and I. This girl means the world to me.
Amanda and Lauren.
The chickens were a hit with everyone... almost everyone spent their first morning there just chasing them.
Mrs. Stiemann, and Darby.
Lauren and Darby.
About to head off for our hike!
Yes, that is snow!!
Oh these Fall colors. I just can't get over it.
Mendota, Virginia.
Darby.
Sisters.
Love these two!
Cool angle of the fire tower.
Our hiking group, minus Lauren. Such great times!
Early morning frost.
Little Everett getting his face painted at our annual Reformation Day Festival!
Intense chess games.
Sweet Addie.
Isabel and I. Love her!
Darby and Hannah King. It was really great to see her and J.D again!
Darby and Ninja. Precious!
Dancing!
This trip, despite it's short length, was an amazing time. I am incredibly grateful to have gotten to see many friends again, to see the remains of Fall, to worship the Lord with my old church family, and to hike up a beautiful mountain to see a magnificent view. God has truly blessed us through this community of believers. Living there for the first eleven years of my life, was one of the best things that has ever happened to me.
Much love, Delaney






































Oh that must have been fun! And I so enjoy vibrant fall colors too! It's neat that you got mountain top shots with the rolling green hills and autumn tree shots against the sky. :)
ReplyDeleteDelaney! As always, beautiful photos! We love and miss you guys, and everyone else. :) It was fun looking at this post of pics… The fall color is something I really miss too. Saw a lot of faces I know. Glad that you had a good time. <3 See ya in Jan!
ReplyDeleteI particularly like the 'perspective' shots. Down the long pathway with the sun through the trees...down the long creek...the still pool just above the riffle, rocks on the bottom, partially obscured by the reflections in the water./PB
ReplyDelete