Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Shannon

As I'm sure those of you who are reading this know, my older sister Shannon Macfarlane Sproul went to be with Jesus on October 3rd 2012. She lived fifteen beautiful years. Her passing was bittersweet, and I can't even begin to express what she meant to me. But I hope that through this post you might understand a little bit of the joy that she brought to our lives.

Shannon was her Daddy's girl. They loved each other with such a tender love. They laughed together, and cried together.



Shannon and I were born three hundred and fifty-three days apart. We were the best of friends. Losing her as my sister was devastating, but just knowing that she is now experiencing fullness of joy is such a comfort.


Wasn't her smile the greatest?

 I took some pictures of the flowers that friends have sent in condolences for Shannon's passing.





 Shannon loved music. She would sit by the piano while I was playing a bang away, even while I was playing. At the time I found it annoying but now every time that I sit down to play I miss that. I miss it so much.

I want to thank everyone for everything that has been done for our family, we feel so loved. Please continue to pray for us as we mourn the loss of precious Shannon. She was a joy in our lives, and we miss her so much.
Much love and with much thankfulness, Delaney Mara



3 comments:

  1. So, so sorry for your loss, and praying for you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying for you, Delaney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss, Delaney. I have been keeping you and your family in prayer......... Thank you for sharing these pictures, and your thoughts with us.

    God bless you.

    Delaney Seargeant

    ReplyDelete