Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

of summer, siblings, and vacations.

Hello!
Staring at a blank screen trying to think of something to write shouldn't be as hard as it seems.
Life has been exciting lately, summer is busy, busy, busy! I'm sure almost all of you that are reading this know that last week I was in Alaska with Daddy, on a cruise with Ligonier. Well it was completely marvelous.

 Leaving Seattle, WA. Seattle was beautiful, I hadn't been there in ten years (so yeah didn't remember it much), and we got to walk around a little bit enjoying the cool weather.

 Ketchikan, Alaska after a rough day-and-a-half at sea it was very nice to be back on land again.




 I think this was my favorite town to walk around, they had such quaint shops, and the fact that this was the first town and my first time ever being in Alaska made that day very special.

The sun came up super early and set super late, it was really weird!

 View from our balcony (which provided many opportunities for pictures).

 Juneau, Alaska.


And this concludes the Alaska trip pictures, I hope y'all enjoyed them! I was actually nervous about being there, because everyone was expecting me to get phenomenal pictures and I really did not want to get the same pictures as every other tourist. I took more pictures then I previously thought I would, so that was a plus, although I wasn't to pleased with my creativity. Sorry I'm rambling, but my point being that I tried hard to make these pictures turn out well, and I am grateful at the feedback that I have gotten so far, although I would love to hear more!

Summer is here! my favorite season! (why isn't it everybody's?). Summer 2012 for me includes but is not limited to: 4 different trips, swimming at friends houses, hanging out with people that I don't get to hang out with during the school year because everyone's schedule is crazy, eating lots of ice-cream, taking loads of pictures, my birthday (woot), lazy mornings, and no school! (duh, but it's just so great).  
What are some of your favorite things about summer?

 Yesterday we went to Rock Springs (which is basically like a natural lazy river, it's great!), and had a great time.



 I have loved getting to spend time with Dono after being gone for 8 days.



Our good friend Ciara is in town! photo cred: Reilly.
...And yes, I do know that I look like I'm having a heart attack.

 Maili!


Thanks for reading! I pray y'all are doing well.
Please leave a comment, I really adore hearing from you!
I am now on Instagram and would love for y'all to follow me! my username is delaneymara87.

Much love, Delaney Mara


1 comment:

  1. Well I have LOVED all your Alaska pics, but I haven't been spending time on FB, and that's why I haven't been commenting. But they are all super lovely. I'd say some of my favorites so far of your photography!

    And I'm glad it was a special trip. One of my "best brothers" lived in Ketchikan, and it was special seeing the town and everything through his eyes and hearing about his adventures. Seeing your pictures reminded me of his stories!

    Love you, dear Delaney.
    ~ Jean Marie

    ReplyDelete