Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Life

Note: the font I use on here makes my commas look like periods, I apologize for the way it looks, also no smiley faces, my emoticons are disappearing.

So I'm not a huge fan of the San Antonio pictures that I got...so far my photography experience has been rather limited, and so lighting is a major issue for me, especially at huge events, inside, where people are everywhere. Something I will definitely have to work on. So I shall just post a few, and then post a few from the happenings of late, and then do a little bit of writing, because that's not something I've done a lot of on this blog. My writing isn't very exciting, interesting, or colorful so please bear with me.
Maili on the airplane.

 Daddy talking.

 George Sarris telling a very animated bible story.


 Rebekah Barfield and I, we hadn't seen each other in almost two years!











Festival attendees. 



Tad Marks, Virginia Phillips, and Charlie Zahm.



Mr. Phillips.





The beautiful river walk.






The majestic sky looking out of the plane window.
Thus concludes the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival photos, of which I did not take nearly enough.


Now for a little bit more recent times...
 Donovan walkin' down the road.

 Donovan lovin' on a puppy.




 Sweet love.




 Surprise birthday party for Maili, put on by Erin Claire, and Amanda.


 The moon was out!

 Pretty purple flowers.
Everything is coming back to life! I love spring.


 My little brothers Donovan and Reilly, enjoying their popcorn.

 Donovan and his blankie-precious!

 These flowers are blooming all over the place!

Donovan and I, rockin' the hats!

So yes, that was a very long post, and it's about to get longer! I'm sorry I don't post more often, my posts are kinda monthly things, and all the pictures are already on Facebook, so I try and be a little bit more extensive as to the nature of these photos.
The pictures I am posting are various favorite ones of mine over the past month. I feel like I am learning a lot, but I still have such a long to way to go! not that photography ever has an ending point, it's a chance to constantly learn.
Anyways, while in San Antonio I got the chance to go to a big photography class. That definitely helped me a lot...something that stuck with me is people telling me I take "great pictures" isn't going to help me become a better photographer, which is obviously what I'm shooting (ha) for. So I'm hoping y'all will critique me. Nothing mean, just tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm rather sensitive, and dumb at times, so please no mean, big words.
Life around here has been so crazy... my littlest sister Maili is going to be 10 in just a day! time flies.
Last week was the Ligonier National conference, which again I didn't take hardly any pictures of (surprise, surprise), even though I lugged my camera around the entire time. It's all about motivation, right?
Last night Darby and I had the opportunity to sing with the Saint Andrews Chancel Choir, along with Michael Card! very different from the type of music that we're used to, but it was a very enjoyable time!
I am so grateful for where God has placed our family.

Wow, that was a really long post. Thank you to my readers for reading my blog, y'all are the best! please leave a comment and you will be even cooler. I shall rate you in my "cool" book, which doesn't actually exist.
Over 1,000 views! very big number!
Until next time, Delaney Mara (the girl that writes the super long blog posts once every blue moon).

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is super cool, Delaney! And I love the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of Donovan walking down the street. The green leaf is pretty fantastic too. Sorry, I know you want people to critique you but I couldn't help myself. Positive reinforcement is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks for the post & update, Delaney! Ha, I love the expression you caught on Mr. Sarris' face! My favorite picture may be the one of Virginia with Charlie...but that may just be me being a little nepotistic. Dad has told me that half of Photography is the story the picture tells; so keep capturing good stories! (Like the one told by Mr. Sarris' expression!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of Donavan with his blanet! It is so sweet and the coloring is perfect. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete