Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Endings and new beginnings


The end of 2015 was jam packed full of life. One crazy road trip to Nashville, Thanksgiving, photoshoots, babysitting, finishing my fifth semester at RBC (which involved papers, a speech, lots of late nights, and finals), Christmas, and New Year's. Honestly, it has been an overwhelming season of life. But looking back on the past few months, I'm amazed by the reality of God's grace and providence. He's carried me and my family through so much, and He has continued to be faithful.
 Photos are constant reminders of how beautiful life is even in the midst of the mundane. 
Jesus is so, so good. I hope y'all enjoy these photos. 


Fall in Tennessee: 
















 Nashville: 









My nephew: 



Anna Camille: 

Excited to sing in The Glory to the Holy One Concert: 








Rehearsal for the concert: 

Photo op at a rest stop: 



The fam:









  
Erin Claire put on a Thanksgiving meal for friends of ours: 







Photo shoot #1: The Johnson Family










Photo shoot #2: The Martin Family 







Photo shoot #3: Campbell and Hannah


Photo shoot #4: The Kinnett Family













Sproul fam, Christmas 2015: 







Cute coffee shops: 





Michael's one-year-old photos: 










Aunt Maili: 

My Dono:  


 2015 was such a confusing mix of hard but good. It is pretty much impossible to separate the two in my mind. There were many unexpected hardships that I did not really know how to handle. Some days were remarkably difficult to get through. I struggled with believing that the trials He sent my family were for our good. I struggled to trust that He would use such unique situations to sanctify us. I am so young and have already had to learn how to live through such unbelievably hard difficulties. With Mom dying when I was only thirteen, I've had to grow up a lot faster than most of my peers. In some ways, I have grown bitter because of how free and easy their lives are. But I still managed to persevere and learn to live with what God had for my life. And then several things happened this year that just shook me and my family. I felt like so much of it was a result of not having Mom. More than being angry though, I was confused and exhausted. I was confused because I did not understand what the point of everything was. I was exhausted because I did not know how much more we could take. I was so frustrated. This frustration gradually grew into a deeper struggle of understanding why God would allow such horrible pain in the world. I felt like sometimes we just threw pithy little answers to tidy up these uncomfortable messes. I felt the weight of the reality of injustice. For a while, I forgot to remember the good. I knew and believed that Jesus is continuing to make all things new, but I grew so impatient.

The obvious answer to my problem was first, that the reason there is suffering in the world is because of our sin. We deserve far, far worse. The second answer to my problem was that Jesus uses these hardships to sanctify His children. He stretches us and makes life difficult, but He does it because He loves us.

More than that though, I had to slowly realize how much worse it would be to just despair over the state of the world. That believing in God's goodness and grace is so much better than giving up. That He has given us His answer through His Son. That I need to learn how to look past myself and recognize His wisdom and providence. No matter how hard life seems, He is working and moving and is still so good. And I really do see this goodness. I see His grace, faithfulness, and beauty. Looking back on the past year, I am absolutely overwhelmed by the lessons I have learned. I am overwhelmed by how much He has brought us through. He is using our feeble attempts to bring about His greater glory. Salvation is being brought about in the world, even when I only see the realities of sin. Although there is still so much grief, there is also much that is good. God has given me much to be grateful for. He has given sunshine filled days, hugs from the ones I love, quiet moments, Chipotle (seriously though), rest, and laughter. He has surrounded me with daily reminders of who He is and what He is doing.

2016 sounds so scary. But He is always faithful. No matter what happens, He is our one constant. He loves us with an unfailing love. I'm trusting in that love, and trusting Him to continue to work in and through me and my family this year. My family has all of my love, and I am so grateful for them. I am so grateful for the gift of life.

Much love, Delaney Mara

"Remember, remember, remember, the signs. Say them to yourself when you wake in the morning and when you lie down at night, and when you wake in the middle of the night. And whatever strange things may happen to you, let nothing turn your mind from following the signs."~Aslan


No comments:

Post a Comment